Friday 28 June 2013

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway

The cover of 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' by Ernest Hemingway · Lisa Stefan


I was sitting here with my coffee thinking that it cannot be Friday already, or pizza-day as we refer to them in this house. What happened to this week? It has flown by but it has been a good one. I spent yesterday morning in the city. I went to the library and brought home a stack of books and pink peonies. I know, I thought I wasn't feeling them this season but then I saw a bouquet and before I knew it I had purchased it. I had a cup of latte at one of my favourite cafés, where I also ran into an old school friend of mine from Iceland, whom I haven't seen for probably 11 years. This world is simply too small sometimes. One of the books I borrowed yesterday is Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls, which I'm now reading for the first time and thoroughly enjoying.

Speaking of books, this morning my Amazon birthday package arrived. As my birthday isn't until July, I'm not going to share its entire content with you yet, but believe me, it's a good one. Well, you already knew that I was expecting Blixen's Out of Africa, but I have to finish Hemingway before I go on a journey in Kenya with Blixen.
The cover of 'Bringing Nature Home' by Ngoc Minh Ngo · Lisa Stefan


For the very curious cats reading this blog I will share one of my new coffee table books, because I have already talked about it: Bringing Nature Home by Ngoc Minh Ngo (the book I meant to give to myself on the Icelandic First Day of Summer, see this blog post). It is even more beautiful than I had imagined - the photographs and the floral arrangements simply take my breath away.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment