Wednesday 12 June 2013

Espresso macchiato & lunch at Konrad

Espresso macchiato & lunch at Konrad, Luxembourg · Lisa Stefan


On Saturday I spent a lovely day in the city with a friend of mine. On the agenda was to try the coffee and have lunch at Konrad in Rue du Nord (follow the link to see the photos I took a few weeks back). We got a table outside where we sat in the shadow and started with the coffee. I know that I'm a self-proclaimed latte person but lately I have been stepping out of my latte comfort zone; ordering espresso macchiato when I sit down at cafés and grabbing a latte if I'm on the run. Brave steps.

I am no coffee expert and have no idea how to explain the perfect coffee cup but all I know is that my espresso on Saturday was perfect. (In case you are interested, a friend of mine who happens to be a coffee and an IT geek/expert has created this awesome app called Barista's Log. Makes me wish I knew more about coffee tasting.)
Coffee machine at Konrad, Luxembourg · Lisa Stefan


After the coffee we went inside to enjoy lunch. Konrad is well known for its curry dishes but on Saturdays things are kept simpler in the kitchen so I ordered a quiche (vegetarian) with salad on the side. The food was delicious. Seriously, I'm still thinking about it and just waiting to go back to have some more. With my meal I enjoyed a glass of organic rosé, which added to the perfection.

Konrad, Luxembourg · Lisa Stefan
Lunch at Konrad, Luxembourg · Lisa Stefan


As you can see in the photos, this place is one of those unpretentious ones that I happen to like very much. Konrad is a non-smoking place in an old building in the heart of the city with a mix of industrial, wooden and leather chairs. There are exposed beams in the ceiling, the walls are white and one wall is covered with flowery wallpaper. There are no menus, everything is written on blackboards. It's also a bar and a comedy club.

I don't do uptight places. I like it when café/restaurant owners put more effort into creating a relaxing atmosphere than spending money on fancy decor. Konrad is exactly that kind of place, unpretentious and relaxing with a friendly staff.




No comments:

Post a Comment