Thursday 20 August 2020

Strange Flowers · Donal Ryan

The cover of Strange Flowers by Donal Ryan (Doubleday) · Books & Latte


For more than two months I have been waiting to share this cover with you, which I find incredibly beautiful. The colour palette adds to it an autumnal quality. Strange Flowers is a new novel by Irish writer Donal Ryan. No one forbade me to share the cover sooner; I was the one who wanted to wait until publication day. The story begins in 1973 when the twenty-year-old Moll Gladney steps on a bus one morning and disappears. Five years later she returns, not alone, which changes the life of her family forever. I have only read one novel by Ryan and intend to read them all. His writing style appeals to me. As I have mentioned before, I like Irish writers.

Cover illustration: Owen Gent

Strange Flowers
By Donal Ryan
Hardback, 240 pages
ISBN: 9781784163044
Doubleday



1 comment:

  1. Amazing cover! :-o And chanterelles are my favourite mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete